I could have built three benches in the time it took me to finishing blogging about one.
I attempted to use hand tools as much as possible, but given my skills, not to mention my patience, I certainly used a combination of hand and power tools.
Here are the details of the build. I figure a picture tells a thousand words, so perhaps I’ll start doing more pictorial blog posts for builds. Let me know what you think about this format.
I went back and forth about how I wanted to integrate a Moxon vice. I decided I wanted to have it permanently mounted to the front of the bench, a choice that I have been very happy with. I needed to install a locking nut within the sliding dovetail joint in order to allow the bolt to lock. Pretty proud for coming up with this one on my own and it worked like a charm. It should be noted that I did not install the Moxon vice until I got thru the tight apartment doors in Brooklyn.
Packed for the trip to Brooklyn!